(10 sessions + Overnight Retreat)
Facilitators: Jessica Laike & Rev. Derek Krehbiel
Class Dates – Tuesdays 6:30 pm – 9 pm:
- January 17, 24, 31
- February 7, 21, 28
- March 4-5, 14, 21
- April 4 & 11
$110 friends/members*, $135 general public
Pre-Registration Deadline: January 10, 2016
Minimum enrollment 5, maximum enrollment 12
Registration will close after the first 12 confirmed registrations
High Plains together with First Congregational, United Church of Christ, are pleased to offer this course about love, relationships, sexual pleasure, healthy boundaries, justice, sexual and gender identity, mutuality and communication and how they relate to our faiths. This illuminating and deeply engaging class is part of the Our Whole Lives (OWL) faith and sexuality curriculum series that goes to the core of our mission here at High Plains. This curriculum has been specifically developed for young adults and is being offered for those 22-35 years of age (if you are over or under the age guidelines, please contact Jessica to discuss options as we do have some flexibility especially with the upper limit).
Registration is available online at https://form.jotform.com/HighPlainsDFF/Adult_Ed_Registration
*Please note that scholarships are always available for those in need. If you have any questions or comments, or would like to inquire about financial assistance please contact: Jessica Laike, firstname.lastname@example.org or (719) 581.2182.
Our Whole Lives (OWL) values:
• Self Worth
• Sexual Health
• Justice & Inclusivity
• OWL models and teaches caring,compassion, respect & justice. This course will help you address your attitudes, values and feelings about yourself, your sexuality and others’ sexuality.
• OWL addresses topics typically excluded from sexuality education and health classes, including sexual expression, identity, orientation, relationships and life issues for young adults.
• This course is a comprehensive sexuality education program integrated with progressive faith values from Unitarian Universalism and the United Church of Christ. Each session will include faith components from these two liberal religious traditions.
• Participants from all faith backgrounds are welcome.
• For more information about Unitarian Universalism or the United Church of Christ check out their websites at UUA.org and UCC.org